Study Association Caerus is taking its responsibility as a student organization very seriously with regard to the coronavirus. We are in touch with the relevant authorities from the University of Groningen and UCG as a faculty and have taken a number of measures to ensure the safety of our members and the rest of our society.
For our members
- No (physical) Caerus events and meetings
- No physical university classes
- Wash your hands well and frequently
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow
- Do not shake hands
- Avoid unnecessary social contact, stay at 1,5m distance
- Be mindful of those more vulnerable
- Keep an eye out for each other
- Stay home as much as possible
- Try to stay home at night and follow the curfew, as advised by the Dutch Government
If you want a more comprehensive overview of COVID measurements, be sure to check out https://dutchcovidnews.nl, an initiative led by our member Bart Swinkels. It is probably the best resource for English coverage of the Dutch measurements out there!
If you are not experiencing any symptoms and are fit and comfortable, we recommend you visit the website gewoonmensen.nl. It can put healthy students who now have more free time in touch with those in need of help. You can do groceries for those who are in a high-risk group, for example. We strongly suggest you pay it a visit!
As it stands Caerus will not hold any physical events until possible. Aside from that, our committees and our Board are trying hard to do whatever we can. If you want to help out and organise, be sure to contact email@example.com.
Should you have any questions, you should ask them to the relevant authorities mentioned above. If they are specifically about Caerus, you can direct them to the following people:
- General questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative/Membership questions to email@example.com
- Committee/Event questions to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
The Caerus Board meets frequently to discuss further measures and what implications some regulations have on S.A. Caerus. We are trying to make our association still fulfil its purpose of sustaining the community we have built over the years. We have full faith in the creativity and persistance of our members. We will get there. Together.